- Application Available for Summer Admission: September 15, for the following academic year
- Priority Application Deadline: January 15
Late applications may be accepted on a space-available basis, through May 2.
- Departmental Application Fee: $35 USD
- Application Decision: Decision letters will be emailed the first week of March or shortly thereafter.
(Note: If the application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the following business day.)
The application process consists of two parts:
- Apply to the Department of Landscape Architecture (SlideRoom Application)
- Apply to the UO Division of Graduate Studies (UO Grad Application)
Apply to the Department of Landscape Architecture via SlideRoom.
The SlideRoom application saves your application as you work, so you may log in and update as necessary until you are ready to submit. Once you submit, you will not be able to edit your application.
Required application elements include:
Application Questions: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Writing sample: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Resume: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Transcripts: Upload a PDF copy of all of your English transcripts and degree certificates.
Three Recommendations: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Portfolio: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Non-native English speakers need to meet the UO Division of Graduate Studies’ language proficiency requirements and the Department of Landscape Architecture’s minimum requirements.
Apply to the University of Oregon Division of Graduate Studies.
Please apply to the term based on your first or post-professional status. The Division of Graduate Studies offers graduate application fee waivers for applicants who meet specific criteria, as outlined on the Division of Graduate Studies' UO application fee waiver page.
Degree Transcripts: Send official degree transcripts to the UO Office of the Registrar.
- Follow the Division of Graduate Studies' application procedures for international applicants.
- If an international applicant is offered admission, the International Student and Scholar Services oversees the financial verification process.
- Send official English language proficiency score reports to UO Admissions.
- The UO online application may require official transcripts and English Language competency for non-native English speakers. If your native language is not English, you must prove English proficiency to UO Admissions and the School of Architecture & Environment. There are multiple options for proving English proficiency. Review the UO Division of Graduate Studies' Minimum English Proficiency Requirements. The Department of Landscape Architecture's preferred minimum language proficiency requirements are as follows:
- IBT TOEFL = 94
- PBT TOEFL = 587
- IELTS = 7.0
Once admitted to the program, a deposit of $500 will be required of all incoming students.
Need help with your SlideRoom application? Visit the SlideRoom Applicant Help Center.
Questions: For questions about the program or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-1740.