- Application Available: September 15
- Priority Application Deadline: December 2 (grace deadline through December 31, 11:59 p.m., PST)
- Second Round Application Deadline: April 1
Late applications may be accepted on a space-available basis through June 1.
- Application Decision: Applicants will be emailed the Department of Interior Architecture admission decision via their SlideRoom application email address no later than the end of February. Paper copy admission letters are not sent out by the department.
- Departmental Application Fee: $35 USD
(Note: If the application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the following business day.)
Applicants must have an undergraduate professional degree in interior design/architecture or architecture. This degree does not provide a path to licensure.
The application process consists of two parts:
- Apply to the Department of Interior Architecture (SlideRoom Application)
- Apply to the UO Division of Graduate Studies (UO Grad Application)
The department needs a completed application before the application committee will consider it.
There are two steps in the application process:
Apply to the Department of Interior Architecture via SlideRoom.
- Summary of Goals and Intent: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Research Statement of Intent: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Writing Sample: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Vitae or Resume: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Transcripts: Upload a PDF copy of all of your English transcripts and degree certificates.
- Three Recommendations: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Portfolio: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Non-native English speakers need to meet the UO Division of Graduate Studies’ language proficiency requirements.
Once admitted to the program, a deposit will be required of all incoming students.
*Due to challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, for the 2021 and 2022 admissions cycle, the GRE will be optional for applicants to the Master of Science in Interior Architecture program (M.S. IARC).
Apply to the University of Oregon Division of Graduate Studies.
The Division of Graduate Studies offers graduate application fee waivers for applicants who meet specific criteria, as outlined on the Division of Graduate Studies' UO application fee waiver page.
- UO application requirements
Send official degree transcripts to the UO Office of the Registrar.
- International Applicants:
- Follow the Division of Graduate Studies' application procedures for international applicants.
- Send official English language proficiency score reports to UO Admissions.
- If an international applicant is offered admission, the International Student and Scholar Services oversees the financial verification process.
Need help with your SlideRoom application? Visit the SlideRoom Applicant Help Center.
For questions about the program or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 541-346-1740.