- Application Available: September 15
- Priority Application Deadline: December 2
Late applications may be accepted on a space-available basis through June 1.
- Application Decision: Applicants will be emailed the Department of Architecture admission decision via their SlideRoom application email address no later than the end of February. Paper copy admission letters are not sent out by the department.
- Departmental Application Fee: $35 USD
(Note: If the application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the following business day.)
Applicants must have an undergraduate professional degree in architecture, structural engineering, architectural engineering, construction management, or a related field. This degree does not provide a path to licensure.
Learn more about our programs:
The department needs a complete application before the application committee will consider it.
There are two steps in the application process:
Apply to the University of Oregon Graduate School via GradWeb.
The Graduate School offers graduate application fee waivers for applicants who meet specific criteria, as outlined on the Grad School’s UO application fee waiver page.
- UO application requirements
Send official degree transcripts to the UO Office of the Registrar.
- International Applicants:
- Follow the Graduate School's application procedures for international applicants.
- Send official English language proficiency score reports to UO Admissions.
- If an international applicant is offered admission, the International Student and Scholar Services oversees the financial verification process.
Apply to the Department of Architecture via SlideRoom.
Summary of Goals and Intent: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Research Statement of Intent: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Writing Sample: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Vitae or Resume: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Transcripts: Upload a PDF copy of all of your English transcripts and degree certificates.
GRE Scores: GRE test results and a copy of the score report need to be uploaded to the SlideRoom application. Official GRE test scores need to be sent to the University of Oregon, Institutional Code: 4846, Department Code: 4401.
Three Recommendations: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Portfolio: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Non-native English speakers need to meet the UO Graduate School’s language proficiency requirements.
Once admitted to the program, a deposit will be required of all incoming students.
Need help with your SlideRoom application? Visit the SlideRoom Applicant Help Center.
For questions about the program or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 541-346-1740.