New UO Students
There is no longer a separate departmental application for NEW UO students applying to the Bachelor of Architecture. The application deadlines are listed with UO Admissions. By selecting a Bachelor of Architecture on the University of Oregon application, applicants will gain access to the portion of the application that includes a place to provide a link to an online portfolio, and the application will be reviewed by both UO Admissions and the Department of Architecture.
More information can be found at UO Admissions.
Questions? Contact UO Admissions
Currently Enrolled UO Students: Winter Term
- Application Available: September 15
- Departmental Application Fee: $35 USD
- Winter Term Application Deadline: November 15
- Application Decision: Departmental decision notifications are generally emailed within 5 weeks of the application deadline. Paper copy admission letters are not sent out by the department.
(Note: If the application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the following business day.)
Admissions requirements for the five-year Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) program reflect the focused, professional nature of the curriculum. Applicants need to present evidence of creative ability and commitment to the field of architecture, in addition to having strong academic credentials.
Application Process for Winter Term: Currently Enrolled UO Students
Application Requirement: Current UO students who are enrolled (or have previous credit with a passing grade) in ARCH 201: Introduction to Architecture (fall term course).
Application Questions: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Resume: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Transcripts: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
SAT or ACT Test Scores (optional): Applicants have the option of submitting SAT or ACT scores; international applicants are exempt from reporting SAT or ACT scores.
Two Recommendations: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Portfolio (optional): Please refer to the departmental application for details.
If English is not your native language, you will need to meet the full admissions requirements for English proficiency, as noted on the UO Admissions English Proficiency chart, to be eligible to apply. See the departmental application for further details.
Each application is evaluated by members of the faculty to establish its strength with respect to:
- Creative potential: Based on essays, recommendations, and optionally, a portfolio.
- Academic performance: Based on transcripts, GPA, recommendations, and when required, SAT or ACT scores.
- Potential program contribution: Based on life experience, accomplishments, travel, extracurricular activities, maturity, demonstrated motivation, and potential contribution to the program.
Need help with your SlideRoom application? Visit the SlideRoom Applicant Help Center.
For questions about the winter term application, please contact the department at email@example.com or at 541-346-1740.