- Application Available: September 15
- Departmental Application Fee: $35 USD
- Priority Application Deadline: January 4
Late applications may be accepted on a space-available basis through June 1.
- Application Decision: Applicants will be emailed the Department of Architecture admission decision via their SlideRoom application email address by the end of February. Paper copy admission letters are not sent out by the department.
(Note: If the application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the following business day.)
Learn more about our programs:
The application process consists of two parts:
- Apply to the UO Graduate School (Grad Application)
- Apply to the Department of Architecture (SlideRoom Application)
Apply to the University of Oregon Graduate School via GradWeb.
The Graduate School offers graduate application fee waivers for applicants who meet specific criteria, as outlined on the Grad School’s UO application fee waiver page.
- UO application requirements
Under the field "Major Applying for," select Architecture - MArch
- International Applicants:
- Follow the Graduate School's application procedures for international applicants.
- Send official English language proficiency score reports to UO Admissions.
- If an international applicant is offered admission, the International Student and Scholar Services oversees the financial verification process.
Apply to the Department of Architecture via SlideRoom.
Application Questions: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Transcripts: Provide a PDF copy of all of your English transcripts and degree certificates.
GRE Scores: A GRE Waiver request can be sent to Jessica Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org). If GRE scores are submitted, GRE test results and a copy of the score report can be uploaded to the SlideRoom departmental application. Official GRE test scores can be sent to the University of Oregon, Institutional Code: 4846, Department Code: 4401.
Three Recommendations: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Portfolio: Please refer to the departmental application for details.
Non-native Engils speakers need to meet the UO Graduate School's language proficiency requirements.
Need help with your SlideRoom application? Visit the SlideRoom Applicant Help Center.
For questions about the program or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 541-346-1740.
Master of Architecture Track II (Portland) Applicants:
- Prior to fall term admissions, students who choose the Portland location should have completed coursework in:
- building construction
- introductory course in structures
- basic technical requirements as shown in our program guide: Master of Architecture Track II (PDX) Degree Requirements
- Master of Architecture Track II applicants who are offered admission to the Portland campus will have a transcript evaluation completed late spring term to determine individual requirements. Students who have not completed prerequisites may be advised to start their program at the Eugene campus based on their respective backgrounds and the availability of the required course offerings.